Watchtower Radio: Mixtape 001

Hey friends!

Moss here and Donnie is out sick with the flu, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to try something a little different!

Next to comics, my biggest passion is Music. I get quite a few questions about some of the music we use on the show and what I’m listening to and so on. Well, since Donnie is away I thought why not throw together a bit of a mixtape for y’all to listen to while you’re reading this week’s stack of books?

So kick back and enjoy a few of my favorites. Maybe you’ll even find a song or band or two that you hadn’t heard of that you can get into.

Next week, Donnie will be back and we’ll have all the reaction to Before Watchmen, speculation on Spider-Men, The Forecast and for the first time, your phone calls!

So be good, and we’ll see you then!

-Moss

Queen of Hearts – Fucked Up
If ever I stray – Frank Turner
Sometimes – Lucero
Mutiny – William Elliot Whitmore
For Whom The Bell Tolls – Metallica
Ain’t No Grave – Johnny Cash

This entry was posted on Friday, February 3rd, 2012 at 12:22 am and is filed under Extras, Graphic Recommendations, News, Reviews, Watchtower Video, Weekly Podcast. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

13 Responses to “Watchtower Radio: Mixtape 001”

1. Johnny
    12:19 pm on February 3rd, 2012

Where’s the Jpop? (Japanese Pop) Didn’t hear any. Very disappointed in you.

2. Morden
    4:41 pm on February 5th, 2012

The j-pop is missing, because Donnie, being an avid j-pop fan, wasn’t co-producing the playlist. We’ll have to wait for Jeff to get sick, I guess. But enough about j-pop.

What’s that I hear about a possibility of a “Nonplayer” movie being in the works? Not only that, the text I read stated it’s based on “Nate Simpson‘s so-far so-extraordinary comic series”, and correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t it a series when there’s more than one issue? I know the one we got is #1 of 6, but come on. A movie? I hope it doesn’t end up as a 6 episode TV series.

Also, whatever happened to Kevin Smith’s Batman? You know, “The Widening Gyre”? I really enjoyed the first six issues and then it kind of died. And yes, I know perfectly well that this happens often in the comic book industry, but it sometimes seems as if the author has a great idea for a convoluted intrigue, but has no idea how to end it in a way that would match the build-up.

Oh, comic book industry — How I hate thou…

3. Questy
    11:28 pm on February 6th, 2012
  4. Questy
    11:31 pm on February 6th, 2012

Pon Pon Pon Way Pon Pon!

5. Questy
    11:37 pm on February 6th, 2012
  6. Morden
    5:18 am on February 7th, 2012

スーパーかわいい~~♬ ♥

7. Morden
    5:24 am on February 7th, 2012

While I really like the Japanese quirkiness in, say, games or movies, I find j-pop rather disturbing. For the most part, anyway. The whole crazed otaku culture associated with it doesn’t help, either.

8. Jessi MacCormack
    1:02 am on February 8th, 2012

I really hope the watchtower pays their SoCAN fees.

9. Morden
    2:11 am on February 8th, 2012

Nah, they don’t. And why would they? There’s no way of tracking the hosts down. It’s not like they’re using their real names or anything … Oh, wait …

10. Morden
    5:57 am on February 8th, 2012

Ever since the DVD / BluRay giveaway contest, every time I see the name of Jessi MacCormack among the comments, I hear Jeff’s announcer voice saying: Jessiiiiiii MacCoooormaaaack! That’s how it sounds in my head, and I’m serious.

11. Jessi MacCormack
    10:36 am on February 8th, 2012

All Star superman was dope. I just picked up a trade of Mark Millar’s run on The Authority with Frank Quitely on art. So far it’s really good.

12. Moss
    4:11 pm on February 8th, 2012

You gotta make money to worry about SOCAN. Trust me, we are the safest guys on the planet lol.

13. Jessi MacCormack
    7:45 pm on February 8th, 2012

I know a band who owes SOCAN $12k for playing some cover tunes.