Episode 170: Holy, uh, Batman, Batman!

This week on The Watchtower we have the ONE TRUE BATMAN!!

That’s right, not Kilmer, not Keaton, not the other guys… the one and only ADAM WEST joins us to talk Batman, Family Guy, and dating. Uh, what?

But that’s not all! Katherine Curtis is here for a preview of the first annual Questy Awards! This friday is gonna be a day not to be missed!!

And settled in between all that we’ve got The Forecast, some big movie news and Jeff finally saw Scott Pilgrim!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 at 3:01 pm and is filed under Special Appearances, Weekly Podcast. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 Responses to “Episode 170: Holy, uh, Batman, Batman!”

1. Paul
    3:11 pm on August 26th, 2010

Wow. Adam West is amazing. Great interview.

Incidentally, it was Krang in TMMT.

2. McNally
    9:52 pm on August 26th, 2010

The one question I have, is the questy’s all ages?

3. Moss
    10:17 pm on August 26th, 2010

I’d rate it a 14+ event.

4. Simon
    7:13 am on August 27th, 2010

I am so very glad Adam West is not in any position of power, because I would do ANYTHING that voice told me to. What a legend.

Good luck with the Questy’s!

5. Threk
    12:24 pm on August 27th, 2010

For those of us unable to make it to Fan expo, is there somewhere we can watch the Questys?

6. Jessi MacCormack
    6:10 pm on August 27th, 2010

I was talking about cons with one of my consultants on Wednesday, before I’d gone to the site. It was creepy because I told him that the only celebrity I would actually want to meet at a con is Adam West… and BOOM! you’ve got him on your show when get home that afternoon. Shit is bananas.

7. Vincent
    4:28 pm on August 30th, 2010

About Spiderman and Mary-Jane, I have read Spidey books off and on during my childhood, looong before he married Mary-Jane, …and I never thought or expected back then that he’ll end up marrying her. When they got hitched, I thought they just ‘got together’ or ‘ended up together’ — which is essentially real life, real relationship, how people meet and marry.

With the movies, some current Spidey books and story themes, it made Spidey/Peter and MJ’s relationship look like Romeo and Juliet.

With the reboot and MJ not in it, hopefully they’ll capture that era of Spidey books where Spidey’s happiness could’ve been with co-worker Betty, high-school-torch Liz Allen, and college sweethart, Gwen. They could also retro-add Felicity Hardy/BlackCat as a Femme Fatale in that mix. It’s possibilies that might be the movie’s success and a Romeo-and-Juliet love theme might hinder that.